Have you used Windows for a long time? If so, the Bluescreen of Death, also known as BSOD, must have appeared. Because of the critical characteristics of BSOD, kernel mode heap corruption occurs. Additionally, it occurs when there is a software or hardware conflict.
The Windows PC frequently experiences this BSOD, which causes system crashes. So, if you encounter this bluescreen error, don’t panic! This guide will discuss the reasons for this error and eight diligent ways to fix kernel-mode heap corruption on startup.
5 top Ways to Fix Kernel Mode Heap Corruption
Many Windows users have found the following eight absolute techniques to be helpful. So instead of calling a computer technician, why not try the following solutions and fix the kernel mode heap corruption installing Windows 10 issue yourself? Work your way down the list until you find the one that suits you.
Fix 1. Check Event Viewer to Fix Kernel Mode Heap Corruption
To use this method, the PC must be able to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10. The first thing you should do when experiencing a Windows problem is to check Event Viewer! If Windows doesn’t usually launch on your computer, please first enter Safe Mode by following the instructions below.
- Try twice to start Windows or an installation DVD without success to boot into WinRE.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options after entering WinRE.
- Click Startup Settings and press F5 to select the Enable Safe Mode with Networking option to boot into Safe Mode.
If you want to check the Event Viewer after starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode, please follow the directions below. If you check the Event Viewer after starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode, please follow the rules below.
- Press “Windows + R” fully to bring up the Run box, then type “eventvwr.” Next, enter to start Event Viewer.
- Locate the Kernel Mode Heap Corruption BSOD report in “Windows Logs > System.”
- As soon as you find the log, carefully read the description because it may point to the source of the problem. You should also note Event ID details to help resolve this problem.
Once you’ve looked over the Windows log, you can effectively fix the problem.
Fix 2. Check Graphics Drivers to Fix Kernel Mode Heap Corruption
Kernel Mode Heap Corruption can result from outdated graphics drivers. Therefore, the steps to resolve this issue are listed below.
- Right-click the Start icon in the Taskbar and select “Device Manager” from the list.
- To open the Properties box, right-click the graphics card driver twice in the Display adapters section.
- Click “Update Driver” or “Roll Back Driver” after visiting the Driver tab.
- As soon as the procedure is finished, click OK.
- If you select “Update Driver,” like “Search automatically for drivers” next.
- After the computer restarts, check whether the Kernel Mode Heap Corruption issue has been fixed.
Fix 3. Update Device Drivers to Fix the BSOD Error
An outdated or broken device driver may cause Kernel Mode Heap Corruption. You should ensure that all device drivers are current, especially those for your graphics card. Do the following if an outdated device driver is causing a BSOD error.
- Press the Windows key and the letter X on your keyboard to open the Power User menu.
- Go to Device Manager by switching.
- Increase the device that is the problem.
- If you right-click the device, you can find the Update Driver Software option.
- Decide to check for driver software updates automatically.
It takes some time for Windows Update device driver updates to manifest. As a result, if Device Manager cannot identify any fresh updates, you might need to check the company’s support website that created your device to download and install the most recent drivers.
Fix 4. Repair Corrupted System Files to Fix Kernel Mode Heap Corruption
This blue screen of death occasionally results from system file corruption. To fix them, you should do the following. To check for corrupt or damaged system files and, if necessary, restore them, use the built-in program System File Checker. However, this program can only analyze essential system files; for instance, it cannot fix a corrupted DLL or Windows Registry entry.
Step 1. Scan with SFC
The Windows system file checker tool finds and repairs corrupt system files.
- Press the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box on your keyboard. When you type cmd, Command Prompt will open as administrator when you press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- Hit “Yes” when Windows demands permission to change your device.
- In the command prompt, enter the command sfc /scannow.
- Once you’ve entered the command, hit Enter on your keyboard. The SFC tool will start scanning all system files and replacing those damaged or missing.
- Wait until the verification process is complete before continuing. The modifications take effect after your computer has been restarted.
Step 2. Scan with dism.exe
Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM), a built-in Windows tool, can check to see if your Windows installation is broken and restore it if it is.
Press the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box on your keyboard. Type cmd and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open Command Prompt as administrator.
- If you are prompted for permission, choose Yes.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command.
Dism /online /cleanup-image /restore health
- On your keyboard, hit Enter. The DISM tool will then begin looking for problems and attempting to fix them.
- Wait until the procedure is finished. After restarting your computer, check whether the Kernel Mode Heap Corruption problem still exists.
Fix 5. Repair Kernel Mode Heap Corruption by Checking RAM
Another essential factor that contributes to kernel mode heap corruption is a memory issue. You must use Memory Diagnostic to identify and fix RAM problems to resolve this issue. The same is true for this tactic, which can only be used when your PC is in Windows or Safe Mode. By checking RAM, the procedures are followed to fix this error.
- Enter “Memory Diagnostic” in the Windows search box.
- The next step is to double-click the best-matched icon to launch Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Choose “Restart now and look for problems” as your second option.
- The computer will restart itself and run a memory check. Additionally, after the diagnosis process is finished, it will boot up. You must follow the instructions below to view the diagnosis report generated in the Event Viewer.
- Turn on Event Viewer. Select System in Windows Logs once it’s open. Pick Filter Current Log from the list in the box to the right. Select MemoryDiagnostics-Results in the Event sources box, then click OK to view all result logs for the memory test.
- Double-click the most recent result log to see if the diagnostic was successful.
In conclusion, experiencing kernel-mode heap corruption can be frustrating and problematic for Windows users. However, several ways exist to fix this error, such as running memory diagnostics, updating or reinstalling drivers, disabling overclocking, performing a system restore, or even a clean operating system installation.
It is essential to identify the root cause of the issue and take the appropriate steps to prevent it from happening again. If you cannot fix the problem on your own, seeking the help of a professional technician or support team can be beneficial.
You should be able to eliminate the KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION problem by using the remedies indicated above. The KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION error appears suddenly, just like every other BSOD issue. The unexpected computer shutdown might result in data loss while using it.
Fortunately, you can retrieve any lost data. You’ll need software for do-it-yourself data recovery for that. Software is available that promises to restore lost data from your computer. Nevertheless, you cannot trust all other software because some cannot fulfill their promises. If you ask us, Stellar Data Recovery Professional for windows is what we advise.
The software can recover erased files from SD cards, USB devices, SSDs, and hard drives. It enables data recovery, emails, documents, movies, and more.
By addressing kernel-mode heap corruption promptly and effectively, you can ensure that your computer runs smoothly and reliably without encountering further issues.